uSMART Softcopy Base
A complete System with all the features you expect and a whole lot more!
- Easy Project setup using wizards, etc.
- Support for various camera systems including all frame based cameras, ADS and IKONOS/GeoEye satellite images.
- Open system (import/export Inner, Exterior, Image coordinates, etc. from/to various other systems).
- Automatic Inner and Relative correlation.
- Navigator for working with three strips simultaneously e.g. for Aerial Triangulation observations.
- Built in Aerial Triangulation (Bundle Block Adjustment) calculations.
- Support for numerous input devices and various stereo viewing techniques.
- Fast mapping e.g. dynamic correlation, grid driver, extensive tool box of mapping functions, etc.
- Grid correlation i.e. automatic DEM creation with no user intervention. Correlation percentages can be shown thematically for blunder detection.
- Powerful Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) routines for thematics, automatic contour creation, sections, etc.
- Smooth and visually appealing contours.
- Interfaces directly with the uSMART MDM for truly unlimited data sizes. LIDAR data, for example, (regardless of size) can very easily be incorporated into the project i.e. viewed in stereo, enhanced with aerial data, etc.
- Very powerful and easy to use True Orthophoto creation with perfectly balanced and feathered images.
- Powerful routines for image manipulation e.g. overview creation, format conversion, resampling, etc.
- The points above are just a few examples of a truly user friendly system where raw field data is used to create final Map/GIS data in a single, complete package.
Create and Incorporate Mass Data
When combining the uSMART Mass Data Module (MDM) with Softcopy, there is no need to break up large jobs! Billions of points can be imported from LIDAR to create TINs and make thousands of Orthophotos without any user intervention. With the MDM, all the models in the job can be correlated at the same time and all the break lines can be mapped in 1 file. From this users can create the TIN and do contours over a massive area as well as make all the Orthophotos in one go.
In the uSMART Softcopy system users are able to create truly seamless maps. Features can be mapped in their entirety i.e. across multiple "Models" (stereo image pairs). Models change automatically while the user is mapping across the project i.e. the user needn't change the models manually (if set to do so). Whilst moving from one stereo pair to the next, the software will change images virtually instantaneously and the user simply continues mapping the feature. Thus it is far more efficient to create "clean" data.
Effortless Error Correction
At absolutely any stage in the project corrections can be made. As the changes are executed, all relevant data is immediately recomputed e.g. new control point residuals are instantaneously displayed on changing camera or lens information (or any other aspect of the project). If mapping has already commenced, the mapped elements can be transformed to their correct positions at the touch of a button. Each vertex (node) is recomputed with the corrections applied. This means that features are replaced in their correct positions as if the user had originally mapped the feature correctly e.g. a road edge is not simply transformed to a new position but each vertex of the line-string/curve making up that road edge is recomputed according to the Model used (regardless of how many Models it passed over). Data spanning multiple files can be automatically corrected in a single step.
uSMART creates clean data therefore it is not necessary to spend hours cleaning data for GIS, etc.
- Data is created clean i.e. requiring very little (if any) editing.
- Seamless mapping (as described earlier). Continuous contours (regardless of labels, length, etc.).
- Capture data directly into GIS (if required).
- Unbroken Linear Features e.g. water courses, fences, etc.
- Easy "Resume" functionality (automatically resumes from the previously placed feature to create a single continuous feature).
- Snap and Insert vertices when joining to an existing Linear Feature.
- Choose components of a coordinate to use when snapping e.g. X and Y from existing feature but Z from stereo.
- Duplicate feature usage e.g. bottom of embankment and water course.
- Numerous cleaning tools to fix data imported from other sources.