uSMART Mapping Tools
MPoints (Mass Points)
Import and/or Create Billions of points as MPoints from LIDAR and High Density Scans, Correlation, etc.
An MPoint is a point specifically developed for the Mass Data Module (MDM) but can be placed as a normal MicroStation element. It was designed to accommodate the import of millions of points using the least amount of space.
- Smallest point that can be placed - it has no name and displays no height.
- Has metadata e.g. if laser scan points are being imported, additional information provided by the scanner e.g. intensity, return number and number of returns is also stored with the points.
- Can add metadata during post processing e.g. assign codes to component in a factory.
- Search on the metadata and connect to an external database.
- Stores an RGB value, therefore an MPoint will be a dot on the screen with a specified RGB value.
- Edit MPoints - regenerate, move, rotate, scale, delete, hide.
- Edit Advanced include editing outlier points, smoothing and thinning the points and identifying points that are on a surface e.g. ground points.
- During Advanced Editing, many changes can be applied to the points such as changing their metadata (e.g. classification) and/or colour, deleting the points, moving tech points to another file, etc.
- MPoints (and SPoints) form the basis of routines such as SLine place, TIN creation, thematic displays, contour generation and design routines.